On 3-1-2015 04:48, Larry Hall (Cygwin-X) wrote:
> But the functionality in the latest release of the xinit corrects some
> long-standing Cygwin incompatibilities with startx, so there's
> no benefit to turning back as a strategy.
This is exactly why I have such hard time convincing people that using
open source software is a good idea: "The solution is technically
better, so if it breaks for you I don't care."

I am not arguing that the solution should be discarded, I am arguing
that the way the transition was handled, or not handled actually, it not
worthy of being called engineering, development, or even programming.

The best, and actually only way to move forward is to revert back to the
behaviour of 1.3.2-1 and rethink this whole approach. Once a good
transition plan is in place the changes can be reapplied. But it is
obvious that I won't find a sympathetic ear to the plight of the user
here, so I will escalate this to the main Cygwin mailing list. Hopefully
people their actually care about user experience.

Laurens