On 5-1-2015 10:48, Yaakov Selkowitz wrote:
> Just .startxwinrc, and the changes were explained in the announcement.
The information is contained within the announcement, but it is a bit
difficult to figure out what to do from just the list of changes. A more
detailed step-by-step guide, preferably as part of the FAQ would be very
much appreciated.

> ssh -X hasn't been supported since X11R7.4 way back in 2008 (see the
> FAQ for details).
I see, but PuTTY which apparently uses insecure forwards has worked for
many years all the way up to 1.3.2-1.

> That's what the announcement was for.
As mentioned above a bit more guidance would be nice.

> I am not going to revert the recent changes, which are important and
> long overdue.  If any has constructive suggestions for incremental
> improvements thereto, they will be duly considered, but going
> backwards is not the solution.
OK, I am a bit disappointed, but I do have some suggestions. How would
you prefer I post them? In this thread or a new one? All together or one
post per suggestion?

> That won't be necessary.  As a rolling distribution without stable
> releases, these kind of changes in UX happen from time to time.
> That's what announcements are for.
Are you saying it is inappropriate to discuss or that you personally
don't see value in this?

Laurens