On 22/05/2016 15:55, Stefan Katletz wrote:
One more thing:

$ export LANG=en_US.iso-8859-1

makes the warning go away, but xfig still crashes when trying to save
the file. Maybe two different problems?
Stefan

On Sun, May 22, 2016 at 3:27 PM, Stefan Katletz
<stefan.katl...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hello,

I am now facing this (old) problem on a new installation under Windows
10. I tried 32 and 64 bit installations of cygwin, no difference: xfig
gives this warning, and crashes when I want to save/export the
drawing.

$ Warning: Missing charsets in String to FontSet conversion

xfig3.2.5c: SIGSEGV signal trapped
xfig: attempting to save figure
xfig: 1 object(s) saved in "/home/kat/SAVE.fig"

At least the work is not all lost, I used xfig under linux to do export...

Does anybody know what's going on? I am happy to supply logs if
somebody cares. I was reading the old mails, but couldn't find a
solution. I tried to install all font packages in cygwin I was
offered, but the warning appears even when starting with an empty
drawing.

thanks,
Stefan

--