David Conrad wrote:
I think Michel LaBarre's suggestion of running chkdsk and sfc is a
good one;
---
I agree...chkdsk indicated something odd in an attribute block,
but I've yet to be able to correct it, since I'm running win7
on a newer machine that uses USB3 and doesn't understand
that my RAID controller is a megaraid type.

So booting into recovery options (or booting from the win7
install disk) both don't see any USB keyboard/mice
nor the system-disk which uses the megaraid controller
it just doesn't know it enough to see it...

To start with, I need to hook up a PS/2 kbd & mouse
to access those, while I could load the megaraid drivers
then, it won't go through the discover process until
the next reboot, at which point the megaraid drivers will be gone again...so...working on updating my
WinRE image and burning a new Win7 install disk that
can understand the missing stuff.

This is normal for me -- can't get from point 1 to 2
without going through 3-4, where you need 5-6 as
prereqs for those...etc...
:-(