Hi Paul,

On 15/04/2020 12:29, Paul Moore via Cygwin wrote:
I'm trying to write an automation script that works on a number of
machines. I know that on all machines Cygwin will be installed, but I
cannot guarantee that (1) it will be in the same location on each PC,
or (2) that it will be in PATH.

There's HKCU\Software\Cygwin\Installations, but that seems to use \??
prefixes on the PATH, which I'm not sure how to interpret

On my machine, I have a

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Cygwin\setup

key, which contains a string value named "rootdir" with the date "C:\cygwin64".

Csaba

--
You can get very substantial performance improvements
by not doing the right thing. - Scott Meyers, An Effective C++11/14 Sampler