Am 15.04.2020 um 12:51 schrieb Csaba Raduly via Cygwin:
Hi Paul,

On Wed, Apr 15, 2020 at 12:30 PM Paul Moore via Cygwin <cygwin@cygwin.com>
wrote:

I'm trying to write an automation script that works on a number of
machines. I know that on all machines Cygwin will be installed, but I
cannot guarantee that (1) it will be in the same location on each PC,
or (2) that it will be in PATH.

There's HKCU\Software\Cygwin\Installations, but that seems to use \??
prefixes on the PATH, which I'm not sure how to interpret
Running that script within cygwin? `mount | grep " / "`

On my machine, I have a

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Cygwin\setup

key, which contains a string value named "rootdir" with the date
"C:\cygwin64".

Csaba