On 1/21/2021 2:34 AM, KAVALAGIOS Panagiotis (EEAS-EXT) wrote:
-----Original Message-----
From: Cygwin <cygwin-boun...@cygwin.com> On Behalf Of Thomas Wolff
Sent: 21 January 2021 02:08

Am 20.01.2021 um 21:31 schrieb Wojciech Puchar:
trying to mark text in cygwin windows by mouse doesn't work at all.
Windows 10.

The same cygwin 64 installation on windows 7 works properly.

It was installed to windows 10 host by simply copying whole c:\cygwin
directory.

Everything works except cut&paste.
What does `ls -l /dev/clipboard` say?
Copying the filesystem rather than installing loses some special file
properties, especially in the /dev folder.
Not sure whether it's possible to fix that with `mknod`.

There might be other problems as well. Symlinks are also going to be affected.
We couldn't find a reliable solution back in Win7 to simply copy Cygwin
installation by preserving the symlinks in a zip archive.

I would strongly advise to perform a normal installation and simply copy only the
contents of your Cygwin home directory (C:\Cygwin\home\<username>). It will be
quicker that trying to identify and fix all the possible issues.

Panos

I observe that it is possible to get a list of what is installed and do a more automated install of the same things again. The techniques were posted recently in other threads, I believe. I agree that this would be more reliable than trying to copy the file structure,
unless you really really know what you're doing.

Regards - Eliot Moss