Hello Jay,

Jay Abel via Cygwin wrote:
Sorry, more information.  I'm running Windows 10, 64-bit, AMD.

I've reverted cygutils back to 1.4.16-2 and the problem is resolved.

Jay

On Fri, Aug 13, 2021 at 10:27 AM Jay Abel <jay.a...@gmail.com> wrote:

Run cygstart with anything and no window opens.  I've tried URLS cygstart
http://www.cygwin.com, directories cygstart . and cygstart ./  as well as
pdf files cygstart example.pdf.

None of these seems to do anything anymore.

I have the same setup as you but all seems well here. With 1.4.16-3 installed all four of your testcases work for me. I don't know what to suggest.

When you have a chance, what does 'echo $?' say at the prompt after cygstart finishes one of your testcases? 0 means successful, 1 (or something else) means failure.

..mark