Hi Brian,

Brian Inglis wrote:
On 2021-09-27 22:49, Mark Geisert wrote:
The cygwin-internal clipboard format records a timestamp and content length when Cygwin (or putclip) updates the clipboard contents.  This allows 'stat' and fstat() to show something sensible for /dev/clipboard.  The latter feature went into Cygwin 1.7.13.

Other than that, not much difference to CF_UNICODETEXT ;-).

Would it perhaps make sense to include struct stat with appropriate entries rather than a couple of adhoc members unrelated to much else?

I'm not planning to include struct stat. If that much info was needed for the original implementation back in 2012 it would have been added then. I just observe that 'stat' and fstat() can show something useful with the feature. I don't recall what other package or program had the requirement for the feature.
Cheers,

..mark