On 1/11/2022 1:45 PM, Jeremy Drake via Cygwin wrote:
Sorry, I am not subscribed to the list so don't have the message to reply
to for threading purposes, but attached please find a C reproducer that
works on x86_64 but fails on i686.  The particular issue seems to be the
POSIX_SPAWN_RESETIDS flag - not setting that allows i686 to succeed too.

I don't have time to check this carefully, but it looks to me like the problem is that process_spawnattr calls setegid and seteuid instead of setegid32 and seteuid32. This causes truncation of the gid and uid.

Ken