On 12/9/2022 3:39 AM, Oskar Skog via Cygwin wrote:
On 2022-12-07 23:54, Dan Harkless via Cygwin wrote:

> No.  It's normal and common for software like Cygwin, which has the > power to be used maliciously (as opposed to, say, a Minesweeper game or > something), to have false positives on VirusTotal for a handful of > vendors.  I've never heard of SecureAge or Trapmine (hmm, maybe it > *would* flag Minesweeper...), and I'm pretty well educated in the > anti-malware space, so if it were me, I'd just ignore those false > positives and pay attention to the credible AV software results (and the > Community Score).

You may have thought you were joking, but...

https://www.virustotal.com/gui/file/bcff89311d792f6428468e813ac6929a346a979f907071c302f418d128eaaf41

This is not just *a* minesweeper game, it is *the* minesweeper game
from Window XP.

LOL!  You're right, I'd never heard about that, and was just using Minesweeper as an obviously safe example program.  And whaddaya know, it's SecureAge and Trapmine (oy!) that "flag" it.  I guess the lesson is to always ignore SecureAge and Trapmine results on VirusTotal, and the OP should suggest VirusTotal drop those two from their AV software suite.

Thanks for the amusing link, Oskar.

--
Dan Harkless
http://harkless.org/dan/