Hi Bruno,

On Apr 17 20:44, Bruno Haible via Cygwin wrote:
> Btw, there are two more functions in the posix_spawn family meanwhile:
>   * posix_spawn_file_actions_addchdir_np
>     implemented by glibc [1], musl libc, macOS, FreeBSD [2], Solaris ≥ 11.3
>     used by a few packages (Firefox, Chromium, Rust)
>   * posix_spawn_file_actions_addfchdir_np
>     implemented in glibc, musl libc
>     but not used by any package so far [3].
>
> The next POSIX will contain these functions (without the _np suffix).[4]

Actually I had some spare time yesterday so I came up with an
implementation of posix_spawn_file_actions_addchdir_np and
posix_spawn_file_actions_addfchdir_np.  It's pretty straightforward:

https://cygwin.com/cgit/newlib-cygwin/commit/?id=7e03fc35f528
https://cygwin.com/cgit/newlib-cygwin/commit/?id=c743751aafa8

You can install the just building test release
cygwin-3.5.0-0.287.g53f7fb20a064 via our installer, if you'd
like to test it.

Actually... do you have a testcase readily available to share with us?

Thanks,
Corinna