Am 07/10/2023 um 10:23 schrieb Dr Bean via Cygwin:
I am memorializing this for my own benefit here.

Benefitting from https://eng-blog.iij.ad.jp/archives/12576
I see that I don't need to change any envars, but only fonts.

The default Lucida Console font renders CJK as half-width chars, on
this PC with 3 Windows language packs.

With MS ゴシック, Japanese かな and 漢字 look good.
Traditional Chinese ㄅㄛˋㄆㄛˋㄇㄛˋand 漢字 look good.
Korean 한글 doesn't look good. It looks like they're
half-width characters drawn with the space for one full-width
character.

I wonder if this is a problem with the Korean language pack.

Please describe the context of your observations (preferably a test case); do you have an issue inside the Cygwin Terminal?
Thomas