On 2024-04-04 18:05, Martin Wege via Cygwin wrote:
I have problems with debugging, so a quick help would be appreciated,
as I cannot figure this out after several hours of digging.

Cygwin /usr/bin/stat returns "Birth: -" for some files. Which value
must the CreationTime member of FILE_BASIC_INFORMATION have to cause
/usr/bin/stat ti return "-"? 0, -1, or something else?

https://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/coreutils.git/tree/src/stat.c#n1618

=> tv_nsec < 0

https://cygwin.com/git?p=newlib-cygwin.git;a=blob;f=winsup/cygwin/fhandler/disk_file.cc#l414

https://cygwin.com/git/?p=newlib-cygwin.git;a=blob;f=winsup/cygwin/times.cc#l283