On Sun, May 26, 2024 at 7:35 PM Andrey Repin <anrdae...@yandex.ru> wrote:

> Greetings, Martin Wege!
>
> >> Can Cygwin be installed as a normal user (without Admin rights) in a

> >> (?) Why ask when you can just try both scenarios pretty easily?
>
> > Simple example for possible issues (might be more):
> > Cygwin seems to modify the global REGISTRY with a "Install for
> > everyone" (as Admin). What will happen then?
>
> Why would you try to "install for everyone" if you don't have an admin rights?
>
> > Can Cygwin installations installed as non-admin interact via Windows
> > REGISTRY, or other unexpected ways?
>
> That's pretty strange question.

Why?

> > So testing by a non-expert like me might not uncover
> > such things immediately, so I better ask the experts here
>
> What do you ACTUALLY want to do?

We want to install multiple Cygwin installations, so we can do
(automated) regression testing. Also, the machines in question might
already have one admin-installed&approved Cygwin installation for all
users, which should not interact with any of the per-user
installations used for testing.

Thanks,
Martin