On Wed, 13 Nov 2002, Ben Laurie wrote:

> Jim Choate wrote:
> > What I'd like to know is does Godel's apply to all forms of
> > para-consistent logic as well....
>
> It applies to "any sufficiently complex axiomatic system". Allegedly.

Actually it doesn't, it applied to 'complete' systems. There is -no-
requirement for the system to be complex. In fact Godel's example about
the library of books and the two catalogs (and the question of where to
list the catalogs in the catalogs) is quite simple. That is what makes it
so striking. Further, completeness doesn't apply to the axioms but rather
the list of statements that fall out of the axioms. How you use the
axioms.

    We don't see things as they are,                      [EMAIL PROTECTED]
    we see them as we are.                                   www.ssz.com
                                                  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
    Anais Nin                                         www.open-forge.org