At 08:42 PM 11/25/2002 -0600, Harmon Seaver wrote:
On Mon, Nov 25, 2002 at 11:00:57PM +0000, Steve Mynott wrote:
> On Monday, Nov 25, 2002, at 22:18 Europe/London, Harmon Seaver wrote:
> Even if it were possible (which I doubt) what's the point in even
> mentioning it since most people tortured aren't are yoga experts anyway?

All the more reason for people to enroll in yoga classes. Yoga is the best
thing you can do for yourself physically, far better than lifting weights, etc.
and the healthiest thing you can do mentally. So do yourself a favor and get
prepared. Wonderful way to pass time sitting in solitary confinement. Excellent
way to heal the body after those little sessio...er, accidents, as well.
This tread reminds me of an old made-for-TV movie, "Tribes" starring Jan Michael Vincent http://us.imdb.com/Title?0066490

Plot Outline: A Marine Corps drill instructor who is disgusted by the fact that the Corps now accepts draftees finds himself pitted against a hippie who has been drafted but refuses to accept the military's way of doing things.

In one scene Jan's character is being punished in front of the platoon by holding buckets of sand from his outstretched arms. He closes his eyes, places himself in a trance-like state, and appears to effortlessly hold the buckets for so long that the DI loses face becomes even more enraged.

steve