hi,

--- Jim Choate <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> On Fri, 3 Jan 2003, Sarad AV wrote:
>
> > As you already see-what you say is correct for
> your
> > definition of proof and axiom.
>
> Here is the fundamental error in your thinking, you
> are trying to argue
> apples and oranges.

how do you know that apples and oranges are not same
or are same?
Its the way you look at it.

Its where what ur definition of an apple and orange is
-how you interpret your apples and oranges and how you
see your apples and oranges.

>As my comments alude to, what
> you are doing is trying
> to argue geometry using two different 5th's -at the
> same time-. While it
> was certainly done historically for a considerable
> amount of time, that
> itself is a logical contradiction. There are two
> choices:

There is no contadiction-there is more than one
solution to a problem-we just have to accept that.

> -     demonstrate the two are equivalent, and we go
> forward with our
>       little game

ofcourse-i am least interested in  games.I am trying
to understand things better.

> -     recognize they are not equivalent, and we end the
> discussion
>       because there is really no discussion to be had
>
> Your choice.

I did n't say they are equivalent-simply said that
there is more than one way at looking at it and there
is more than one solution to a problem which are not
equivalent since their *domain* is different .

Regards Sarath.