At 08:39 PM 02/17/2003 -0800, Tim May wrote:
On Monday, February 17, 2003, at 06:20  PM, Declan McCullagh wrote:

Thought Tim and others here might like this:
http://www.mccullagh.org/image/d30-32/k-street-building-destroyed.html

Took it today after the snowstorm...
One of many things I don't miss about the D.C. area is the snow. I remember four-foot snowdrifts surrounding our house in McLean during the Blizzard of '66. And one of the less attractive things about heavy snow areas is the lingering piles of dirt-encrusted snow for weeks afterward.
My DC snow memories are much different - it's watching the city become
totally paralyzed by half an inch of snow, because normally they don't get the stuff,
the locals are basically Southerners and the foreigners are often from
non-snowy countries, and the traffic barely works when it's dry,
much less when it's raining or snowing.