--
James A. Donald:
> > Indeed, this "He said, she said" approach, which treats US
> > reports and Iraqi reports as equally credible, seems to me
> > like Baathist propaganda, like anti western bias.

Kevin S. Van Horn:
> Lying is as natural to governments as breathing is to normal,
> healthy people. What makes you think the band of thugs and
> cutthroats based in Washington, D.C. is any more truthful
> than the band of thugs and cutthroats based in Baghdad?

Totalitarians are different.

Democratic politicians cannot have everyone who might know the
truth shot.

Hundreds of reporters are embedded with the soldiers on the
ground.  This makes it impossible for the US government to lie
overmuch.

    --digsig
         James A. Donald
     swrfbntWTIxeBuLaPTgAcdh85H7lTtnIdwrDAEbB
     4OevGr9kscmp680GHr6fCbGAXXIAkGbfZNt6jv73+