On Tuesday 01 April 2003 15:16, Tim May wrote:

> This "Tyler Durden" nym claims to be a high school physics teacher,
> IIRC, and also claims to have once worked in industry. The high
> school part I find plausible, the industry part also plausible (given
> some of the folks I had to work with).
>
> And yet he posts at least a couple of credulous, recycled news
> stories or rumors each week.

I find nothing, in his credulity or his shallow understanding of topics
or his shallow and flawed analyses, which is inconsistent with my high
school science teachers or others I have known.

> He desperately needs to get up to speed. Maybe he can't.

Again, fully consonent with my high school science teachers. cf "A
Nation at Risk".

If it weren't for momentum and brain drain from countries with decent
schools for children, we'd be getting eaten alive by oriental nations.

--
Steve Furlong    Computer Condottiere   Have GNU, Will Travel

Guns will get you through times of no duct tape better than duct tape
will get you through times of no guns. -- Ron Kuby