At 8:28 PM -0400 4/14/00, dmolnar wrote:
>On 14 Apr 2000, lcs Mixmaster Remailer wrote:
>
>>  You should ask on one of the real crypto lists, [EMAIL PROTECTED] or
>>  [EMAIL PROTECTED]  Most cypherpunks subscribers are too stupid to
>>  have an opinion (that means you, Choate).
>
>OK. I still have this naive notion that coderpunks is supposed to be for
>discussions of coding (so this wouldn't be appropriate). and I hadn't
>realized [EMAIL PROTECTED] existed until very recently.
>

>>  Actually these proposals were discussed a few months ago on one of
>>  the lists.  There are philosophical issues (you can't stop under the
>
>Thanks for the pointer. I'll go check archives.

You're naively accepting what this anonymous poster claimed.

The two lists mentioned above were created by folks unhappy with the
anarchic nature of Cypherpunks. Lewis McCarthy created his list,
coderpunks, and Perry Metgzer created his list, cryptography. These
lists date back to around 1994-6...not sure exactly when. I knew that
I did not either Perry or Lewis telling me what I could post and what
I could not post, so I ignored them.

If you retreat to one of these lists, David, it is...a good thing.
People who elect to be in censored lists have made the right decision.

Sounds fair to me.

Good bye. I enjoyed your comments when you were here.

--Tim May
"Cyphernomicon"             | black markets, collapse of governments.