At 3:57 AM -0400 4/28/00, Matthew Gaylor wrote:

>============
>
>WSWS
>
>Revelations about Echelon spy network intensify US-European tensions
>
>By Steve James  -  12 April 2000
>

>The British government is losing its fight to suppress debate in the
>European Parliament on the role of US intelligence gathering,
>particularly a spy system known as Echelon in which the UK has long
>been a crucial partner.

...rest deleted...

Matthew,

I am now seeing you send the same articles--whether on State Farm GPS
usage, Echelon, whatever--appearing on multiple lists. Why?

You list your "activist mailing list." Isn't this enough?

Most of these news items are readily available from browsers.

I encourage you to rethink this wide spamming of many lists with
nonoriginal material. I appreciate your activism, but it is not
necessary to send news articles to Cypherpunks, Nym, Fight
Censorship, and so on.

--Tim May
"Cyphernomicon"             | black markets, collapse of governments.