> ----------

I think the goal here does not involve enemy action - it's to prevent a
'gray goo'
disaster scenario, in which a self-replicating nanobot replicates until the
entire
mass of the planet is turned into nanos.

By inserting cryptographicly strong error resistance into the device, any
'mutation' renders the resulting bot sterile. This prevents evolution which
might result in a inadvertant 'gray goo' situation.

Peter Trei

[Adding CPUNK to the Subject line of all legitimate posts helps prevent
spam.]