--- begin forwarded text

Date: Mon, 19 Jun 2000 13:21:44 +0100
To: "EFCE 2K Conference List" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
From: Ian Grigg <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> (by way of Fearghas McKay)
Subject: [EFCE2K] very close to EFCE
Sender: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

This might be the last one I can do, I'm flying on Wednesday morning
and from there, hit the ground running (or, sleep walking) and almost
straight into the conference.

New content with this release is the Oakington team.

Regardless, there might be some new content by the time we get there,
if you are considering presenting, let me know ASAP so we can get you
in.  There is no deadline other than practicality...  Remember,

                           Running code...

                               FC...

                     EFCE 2000 - Draft Programme

   The First Edinburgh Financial Cryptography Engineering Conference

                 23-24 June 2000, Edinburgh, Scotland

        /                                                      \
       /                                                        \
      |            Keynote by Ir. Simon Lelieveldt               |
      |    Lessons from the history of Dutch Payment Systems     |
      |         A walk through Dutch payments history,           |
      |         including the  Amsterdam Exchange Bank           |
      |         (1608),  the Municipal Giro 1916,  and           |
      |         on to the  most  competitive  chipcard           |
      |         money environment in the world  today.           |
       \                                                        /
        \______________________________________________________/

               "E-Commerce *is* Financial Cryptography"

  Friday - Day 1 - 23rd June - 09.30

    Ir. Simon Lelieveldt - Keynote, see above.

    Edwin Woudt - Financial contracts with OpenPGP.  A format for
    signed and parsable contracts that is suitable for describing
    online instruments.

    Ilan Zisser and Amir Herzberg - IBM Micropayments as a basis for
    ecommerce interoperability.

    Rachel Willmer - the Intertrader CashBox. A payment management
    system which supports Internet loading and spending of a variety
    of Internet payment types, including the Mondex smartcard. Seen
    in action controlling Internet access, puchasing mail order goods,
    gaming, offering currency exchange...

    (lunch 12.30 - 14.00)

    (reserved session)

    Neil Garner and Matthew Barker from Consult Hyperion.
    Downloading digital IDs securely onto blank MULTOS cards and then
    using the ID to complete non-repudiable transactions.

    Pelle Braendgaard - Networked Economic Units, a new breed of
    electronic rights management entities, shown managing domains,
    e-gold accounts and collections of other other NEU's.

    Ian Grigg - WebFunds, a Java application that acts as a host
    and platform for payment systems such as SOX, and user features
    such as email payments.

  Saturday - Day 2 - 24th June - 09.30

    Douglas Jackson - e-gold Ltd, the leading online currency
    reserved in physical metal, will be shown transacting over
    POS devices such as WAP phones.

    James Milner and Peter Dawe - Minting and Transacting in
    Realtime.  A secure, private electronic money system that
    provides for exchange, which does not present a threat to
    established institutions.

    Tyler Close - IPOs of E-rights.  Listings on the ferex.com
    exchange, as an example of application design within the
    Droplets environment.

    (lunch 12.30 - 14.00)

    Scott Moskowitz - Trusted Transactions:  digital watermarking
    using steganographic ciphering techniques.

    Ildar Khamitov and Victor Dostov - PayCash is a new cash-like
    software payment system using a blinded formula, all invented
    and developed in Russia.

    Ben Laurie - Wagner blinding in a Java toolkit as a basis for
    privacy-protected online currencies.

For any questions on the above programme, or new proposals, please
email iang at systemics.com.  This conference is an informal gathering
of peers, the programme will change dynamically.  Please check
<http://www.efce.net/programme.html> for the latest version.

WHERE DO I FIND OUT MORE

<http://www.efce.net/>

HOW DO I REGISTER?

GBP 200 for presenters of running FC code, GBP 500 for delegates.

MORE QUESTIONS?

Please mail <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

SPONSORSHIP

The founding sponsors of EFCE 2000 are:

Consult Hyperion <http://www.consult.hyperion.co.uk/>
Intertrader <http://www.intertrader.com/>
Systemics <http://www.systemics.com/>

--- end forwarded text

--
R. A. Hettinga <mailto: [EMAIL PROTECTED]>