At 10:32 PM -0700 7/24/00, Bill Stewart wrote:
>I just turned on the TV, and the Carnivore hearings are going on now in
>C-Span.

You mean re-runs, as the actual hearings were many hours before the
time of you post.

I caught a few minutes of them late this afternoon, also probably
hours after the originals.

In my view, what I heard did far more bad than good.  Witnesses were
babbling about the need to see what the Carnivore system did, so that
the rights of the unpersecuted whom the warrants did not apply to
could be protected.

Fuck that noise.

--Tim May

"Cyphernomicon"             | black markets, collapse of governments.