At 03:45 AM 6/14/00 -0400, Matthew Gaylor wrote:
>But really, given the UK's hysteria over guns I'd bet they'd be safer
>without advertising the fact that they're armed.  But of course the cat is
>already out of the bag.  It's pretty obvious to me that Havenco didn't
>adequately think through their weapons policy at least from the point of
>view of providing a context of negative action by a governmental entity.

But the cat was out of the bag back in Sealand's early days when Prince Roy
won the Battle of Roughs Tower against British forces and was prosecuted
for possession of an unlicensed firearm and the (British) Magistrate
dismissed the charge because Sealand was outside of UK
jurisdiction.  Presumably weapons were also employed by Prince Roy in his
recapture of the platform from the Hun a few years later.

What I love about the Principality is that it has made my Law of the Sea
and Admiralty Law studies from law school relevant to the New Economy.  I
have to update the old CV.

DCF