So the obvious experiments are
- use up a geocities page and hotmail account and see what spam you get
- register some spamhaus's page and wonder what spam she gets
- register her page on some list of known spammers
- look at the other links on her website - what suckers live there?
- register your real site and see if your Self Esteem improves
because there are now more pointers to your web site :-)

My guess is that the scam is that if some fraction of the spammees
point to her on their pages, she gets free advertising and
higher rating in different web search engines.

At 11:18 AM 8/1/00 +0100, Ken Brown wrote:
>I wonder what the scam behind this spam is?  They wouldn't be doing this
>if they weren't trying to make people part with money.   But I can't see
>the obvious rip-off. No phone numbers to call, no "adult checks" (I
>still can't believe anyone ever fell for that one) not even an obvious
>request for an email reply so they can put you on their spammer's list
>of validated addresses.
>
>[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
>>
>> Hello
>>
>> I came across your site today and was interested in the like minded
nature of its content with my own.

>> In fact the Self Esteem Advisory Service set up around 3 years ago now
attracts visitors from all over the world. I have found that they are
interested in not only my site but also the content of other sites that
expand or complement our own material.

>> I was wondering if you would like a link from our website to yours. It
is all automated and you can just add yourself. I would appreciate a link
in return.

>> I look forward to hearing from you - many thanks
>>
>> Elizabeth
>>
>> Elizabeth Morris BA(psych). MAHPP
>> Buckholdt Associates
>> www.buckholdtassociates.com/seas.htm
>

>The website even looks genuine, if mildly offensive - it is about using
>emotional and social pressure to control your children, which is I
>suppose some sort of improvement over the usual advice from US
>authoritarians  to use  drugs - a child in the US right now who behaved
>as I did when I was a child, or as my daughter does now,   would be
>doped up to the gills on Ritalin or worse - and they have the gall to
>complain about the old Soviet Union perverting the practice of
>psychology  for controlling "dissidents"  - these days you don't even
>have to be a "dissident" you just have to be bored at school. Whoops,
>near rant here. I just get really cross about the idea of people
>forcing  g drugs on people like me to turn us into people like them.

                                Thanks!
                                        Bill
Bill Stewart, [EMAIL PROTECTED]