> On Jan 24, 2017, at 3:52 AM, Mirimir <miri...@riseup.net> wrote:
>
>> On 01/24/2017 01:04 AM, Cecilia Tanaka wrote:
>> Please, John, I know I need to give you  (and a lot of people here, oops!)
>> a lot of answers, but I'm ending  (at least trying, I swear, Oda!)  a lot
>> of things in this moment.
>
> That's good, I think :)
>
>> If possible, please make Mirimir happy and give him some feedback about
>> this project.  I liked the idea of Fast Data Transfer via Tor, but I'm not
>> the best person to give an opinion because I have almost no technical
>> knowledge.  You know, I need to learn how to code decently because it's a
>> more useful skill than being a lawyer.  Everybody hates lawyers!  :(((
>
> What I need is help understanding the privacy implications. I'm going to
> explore possibilities for moving long transfers randomly across sets of
> subflows. Using "roundrobin" as mptcp_scheduler instead of "fullmesh"
> would be a start. That would also spread load across more relays.
> Another possibility is aggregating OnionCat and GarliCat links, so
> transfers would be split between Tor and I2P.
>
>> I was thinking about forwarding this message to Tor-Talk list to get more
>> feedbacks, but I was kick-banned there and I need to pretend that I'm not
>> reading the list anymore!  :P  :P  :P
>
> I'm not expecting constructive feedback from Tor devs :(
>
>> Thank you very much!  :*  <3
>>
>> ​Ceci
>> -------
>> "Don't let anyone rob you of your imagination, your creativity, or your
>> curiosity.  It's your place in the world; it's your life.  Go on and do all
>> you can with it, and make it the life you want to live."  -  Mae Jemison
>>

>>> On Sat, Jan 21, 2017 at 5:46 AM, Mirimir <miri...@riseup.net> wrote:
>>>
>>> Using OnionCat and MPTCP, one can transfer data between servers via Tor
>>> at ~50 Mbps. With multiple targets, source servers can push ~200 Mbps.
>>> It's obviously not very anonymous. But it's probably more anonymous than
>>> using VPN services. That's for servers with gigabit uplinks, by the way.
>>>
>>> https://ipfs.io/ipfs/QmUDV2KHrAgs84oUc7z9zQmZ3whx1NB6YDPv8ZRuf4dutN/

I read mirmirs post with some interest...  At the moment MPTCP is not
implemented in FreeBSD and i don't have a linux machine particularly convenient
to play with this on, although that should change soon.

I talked to some people on #freebsd and there is an MPTCP source tree, but it's
essentially a fork at the moment, total PITA to get merged into a running
system, probably 11.x only (im still at 10.3-release on my handful of machines).

In any case i continue to follow all such posts with interest. ;)

John