Hey bozo. Send your emails to one list at a time.
#$#$#$
This is the mail system at host mx1.riseup.net.

                   The mail system

<cryptogra...@metzdowd.com>: host mail1.metzdowd.com[166.84.7.15] said: 554
    5.7.1 <cryptogra...@metzdowd.com>: Recipient address rejected:
    g...@riseup.net must be a subscriber to cryptogra...@metzdowd.com to post to
    the list. (in reply to RCPT TO command)
-------- Original message --------From: Ryan Carboni <rya...@gmail.com> Date:
2/12/18  12:31 PM  (GMT-08:00) To: cryptogra...@metzdowd.com,
cypherpunks@lists.cpunks.org Subject: Re: [Cryptography] Useless side channels
I'm pretty sure it is illegal for airplane mode not to halt all transmissions.
Of course this won't matter.
I looked into my BIOS settings and apparently there is spread-spectrum
modulation to reduce EMI? No idea if it reduces or masks side channel
emissions. MAYBE THIS REQUIRES RESEARCH.
There are serious vulnerabilities, and everyone looks the other way. It is a
great mystery.
Somehow there is demand for hardware random number generators when you could
fit an antenna to the microphone jack and pick up low frequency cosmic
background radiation. Or even higher frequencies, wifi requires error
correction because of imperfections within the circuitry and echoes from walls
requiring full knowledge of the device's placement and design.
In the end, the most amazing thing is that every purported benefit is really a
hindrance, and real beneficial things without secret problems are ignored.
No really, look for every touted benefit that seems to provide marginal benefit
over a simpler solution, and it is really an elaborate backdoor. x86 is
designed for the unlikely scenario that a computer only needs a few dozen
threads.
P.S. Buy iPhones, not Android, because the Apple tax is really the price for
cybersecurity. In some mystery, carrier-specific forks of Android should really
use a subset of apps, unique sprites, and unique bootloader screens. If Google
cared about cybersecurity, they would bar outdated phones from being sold that
can access Google Play. Android 4.4 devices are STILL BEING SOLD.Ideally when
people buy products, money goes towards a trust for long term maintenance of
them. Like cemeteries. A properly designed product would be supported for a
long time.Purism's products seem to be from an irrational design basis that the
GPL will cure everything.