[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

> > >(Not to say that Linux doesn't have some advantages, obviously.
> >
> > The main advantage the Linux has in this regard is that the "average user"
> > cannot modify system binaries.  This makes worms of this sort more
> > difficult to perpetuate. Unfortunatly, there are few usable e-mail clients
> > (as far as I am concerned) on Linux.  (If there was a port of Eudora under
> > Linux, I would not be using windows at home for anything other than games.)
>
> Have you tried Kmail from the KDE project or Balsa from the GNOME project
> ??

And Pine, and elm, and GNUS, and mutt...

> If it doesn't need to be graphical then you might want to look at mutt, i
> have a friend who uses that wont shut up about how wonderful it is.

Mutt is fairly good with regards to PGP when it's set up. They've
recently added Mixmaster support, but the remailer support does still
need help.

> I just use pine thought, it seems to be immune to most problems simply
> becasue it doesn't do anything fancy.

Software can do things which are fancy without exposing security holes
all over the place. Microsoft software doesn't seem to follow this
rule. The holes that these email viruses are exploiting have been
around for years now, and Microsoft still hasn't fixed them.