> Pretty much, yes.  at least one "real world" OTP system assumes you will
> be using three CDRW disks; the three are xored (as you say) together,

I have a working OTP system on $40 64 Mb USB flash disk on my keychain.

The disk mounts on windoze and macs, and also contains all s/w required to
encrypt/decrypt, on both platforms.

30Mbs are filled with distilled randomness (two video digitizers at high gain
looking into open input noise, compressed first with LZW then again compressed
8:1 by taking only byte parity, then XORed together - takes several hours and
passes diehard) and judging by the current use it will last us for decades for
text messages. OTP is now shared among group but it's trivial to have
subpartitions for 1:1. Used bits are securely deleted. Works on any USB-capable
win/mac.

The whole USB disk can be additionally protected by either scramdisk (cryptdisk
for mac) passphrase, but it limits operating platforms.

The custom software was trivial to make (less than 200 C lines) and complile
under codewarrior for multi-platform executables.

To conclude, OTPs are easy to make and use. Plugging in the dongle to read
e-mailo is extra sexy (and attracts chicks, this has been documented.)

Unlike ad nauseam discussions on OTP feasibility. You guys must really be
bored.

=====
end
(of original message)

Y-a*h*o-o (yes, they scan for this) spam follows:
http://faith.yahoo.com