On Tuesday, February 18, 2003, at 11:03  AM, Tim May wrote:
Many of them switched dorm rooms around, resulting in de facto creation of segregated dorm halls. White students avoided these ghettoes, for good reason. (I interviewed in 1971 for a "R.A." (resident assistant) position, to help with living costs, and my negro interviewer only asked my questions about what "CORE" was, what "SNCC" was, etc. My answers were PC enough, and I was turned down. More and more of the R.A.s were negroes by 1973.)
"were not PC enough," I meant to type. (My most common typing error is hearing the "not" in my head but not typing it.)

--Tim