At 7:12 AM -0800 3/14/03, Trei, Peter wrote:
>If the US military does Really Bad Things to Iraqi civilians with
>any frequency,  I have little doubt we'll hear about it in time.
>There are journalists 'embedded' in many units.

In the credit where credit's due department, this change in press relations
is one of the better things to come out of the G. W. Bush administration.
Compared with the way the press was handled during Gulf War I, this
approach is much more likely to bring incidents such as Mai Lai to the
light of day.  (It also should produce a much better version of, "War, the
Latest Reality Show", coming to a TV network near you.)

Cheers - Bill

Bill Frantz           | Due process for all    | Periwinkle -- Consulting
(408)356-8506         | used to be the         | 16345 Englewood Ave.
[EMAIL PROTECTED] | American way.          | Los Gatos, CA 95032, USA