Major Variola (ret) wrote:
At 10:12 AM 3/14/03 -0500, Trei, Peter wrote:

If the US military does Really Bad Things to Iraqi civilians with
any frequency,  I have little doubt we'll hear about it in time.
There are journalists 'embedded' in many units.

Ah, but they have an alibi!  Rummy et al. have already described
Iraqis in US attire, Iraqi plans to commit ground nasties wearing said
garb.

Or if you meant video-game atrocities, well, just today,
reports of .IQ buying "thousands" of GPS jammers from
(drum roll) the North Koreans.  Combine this with burning oil smoke
for the optics,  and you've got plenty of excuses to make Iraqi Toast (a
new dish
served in Congress' cafeteria) or even take out an embassy.

If you attribute same reliability to .IQ, .US sources then you enjoy
infinite recursion.
Most, rightly, don't, but the skeptical have to burn some stack on this.

While watching Die another day, I was wondering if the north koreans really have those hovercraft. I finally came to my senses.
I turned off the movie shortly after that.

--
* pgpkey http://scum.nailed.org:3215/key.txt