Dear Czernowitzers,

I wanted to share with you a fantastic resource that I recently discovered
(and that some of you may probably know already), the National Library of
Israel's newspaper archive (https://www.nli.org.il/en/newspapers/search).

This archive has digitized many newspapers, some of which date back to the
early 20th century, and I found it to be an incredible source of
information.

What's especially exciting about this archive is the OCR (Optical Character
Recognition) that has been used to make these newspapers searchable, which
means that the software is able to recognize text from scanned images of
the newspapers, even for documents that are difficult for humans of my
generation to read :)

I have been able to find several references to the Jewish community of
Czernowitz, including articles and personal announcements. I would highly
recommend this resource.

Sincerely,
François