There should be a fix for this as PR 1225
(https://github.com/darktable-org/darktable/pull/1225). The column # was
off by one from the column of the pixel being examined, hence the code
was reading the wrong color values from the X-Trans sensor pattern. As
hotpixels works by comparing a given pixel with its neighbors of the
same color, due to this bug, often a pixel was compared with neighbors
of different color. In the example image, the code saw the intense red
as too-hot green pixels, "correcting" them with unfortunate results.

Note that this will change the behavior of the hotpixels iop for X-Trans
images (that is, threshold/strength values may need to be changed on
already processed images). I'm not sure if there is a useful way to
address this via iop version, or to (as with a recent change to the
highlight reconstruction iop) figure that if this is a long-standing bug
(and, in this case, to still-experimental X-Trans code), that the change
should just happen?

Dan