In terms of the interface, this would not require full access to the SQL
database -- only a way to take the existing set of collection rules from
'darktable.gui.libs.collect' and use them independently of the GUI,
applying them instead to the table of images from 'darktable.database'. Is
this something that would be straightforward to implement?

--
August Schwerdfeger
aug...@schwerdfeger.name