I am trying to reimplement, using Darktable's Lua API, some parts of
my workflow that I had previously jury-rigged using external Python
scripts that modify the database directly.

One of these tasks involves checking that there is no image in the
database with a given title. In my previous implementation, this could
be done with a simple database query, but it does not seem to be directly
supported in the Lua API. Is there any way to do this other than to
iterate over every single image in the database and check its title?

--
August Schwerdfeger
aug...@schwerdfeger.name