Dear Pascal,

Am 19.02.2017 um 18:42 schrieb Pascal Obry:
Great news! Looks promising!

I've noticed that some parts get very dark and quite underexpose. We
can see that under the bridge and on the bank of the river.

haze removal means basically to remove the diffuse background light that is reflected by the haze in the into the direction of the camera. Thus the image gets slighty darker. This is similar to when one reduces the brightness in sky regions to get a nice blue sky.

One should be aware that the automatic haze removal module is not a magic bullet. It may even lead to undesirable artifacts, depending on the input image and the chosen parameters. The quality of the final image depends of the input image of course. Garbage in, garbage out. It is beneficial, when the RAW image is well-exposed. Thus, the example that I have shown before might not be optimal to promote the haze removal module. Furthermore, best results are expected when the haze removal module is combined with other modules. For example, I would start to remove the haze from an image using the haze removal module and then increase the clarity via the equalizer and enhance the colors by the velvia module and possibly further modules.

Nevertheless, I think the haze removal module will be a powerful and valuable tool that can help to improve hazy images and gives very good results in many cases.

        Heiko

--
-- Number Crunch Blog @ https://www.numbercrunch.de
--  Cluster Computing @ http://www.clustercomputing.de