Hi,

I found a software (http://relaunch.piccureplus.com/) which goal is to
apply adaptative deconvolution to pictures in order to remove blur and
noise. The result is quite amazing, without halos.

Adaptative deconvolution is a method developped initially for
optics-equipped telescope systems and wide-field microscopy. You can
find a paper here :
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3166524/ and a Github
repository (https://github.com/erikhom/aida) with the sourcecode of AIDA
1.3, the opensource Python implementation written by the authors of the
paper.

I have not been able to make this code work, it's not really packaged
but rather a collection of scripts instead, so I'm trying to implement a
more simple version of the algorithm from the paper, as a prototype for
a future Darktable module.

However, even if I have a general understanding of probabilities and
signal processing, this is not my specialty and I'm quite slow. I know
some of the developpers here are PhD in physics and maths, maybe they
could take a look.

Have a good day,

--

*Aurélien PIERRE*