On Thu, Oct 12, 2017 at 11:57 PM, Tobias Ellinghaus <m...@houz.org> wrote:
> Am Donnerstag, 12. Oktober 2017, 17:24:30 CEST schrieb Marcello Mamino:
>> I can reproduce the bug on Debian stable, under Xfce, master branch
>> just compiled, every setting default. The steps to follow are
>> *exactly* these
>>
>> 1. Open the "export selected" tab
>> 2. Click in the "max size" filed.
>> 3. Slowly move the pointer *downwards*
>> 4. As soon as the pointer reaches the "allow upscaling" label just
>> below, the input field loses focus
>> 5. Hover on a image, press a number, and the star rating changes
>
> We are aware of this and know why it's happening. We are not sure how to
> proceed with this though, as grabbing the focus itself is intended (so you can
> use the arrow keys to change the dropdowns and sliders), but the implication
> is unwanted. So we have to decide what eggs to break and what omelette to
> make. Or something like that. :-)

If I may offer a suggestion, I would say that grabbing the focus
should necessitate a click. Even ignoring Alexander's problem, the
current implementation is broken (at least under Linux+Xorg+Xfce). If
the "max size" field has focus and I press the arrows I can adjust the
number. Then I move the mouse down to "allow upscaling", and the
arrows adjust this setting. Fine, but now I do the opposite action and
move the pointer back to "max size": for no good reason the arrows
keep controlling the "allow upscaling" setting. It must be either
focus-follows-pointer or focus-follows-click, while now it seems to be
a random mix of these.

Yours,
Marcello Mamino.