Sven Claussner wrote on 02.11.17, 21:08:54 CET

> On  2.11.2017 at 9:28 AM Tobias Ellinghaus wrote:
>>
>> When running ldd on that file, does it find libosmgpsmap*so from your install
>> prefix?
> No. It shows libosmgpsmap-1.0.so.1 => not found

I did some research and found out that LD_LIBRARY_PATH is evaluated
at runtime, not at compiletime as I assumed. I've set it then in the
environment where I run darktable and it works fine now.
To show the missing map provider credits a change in map.c is
necessary which I wrote a patch for. How shall I deal with it:
- It requires a yet unreleased version of the library and  using
it  with the current version works, but throws a critical warning
about an unknown property at the commandline.
- If accepted, how could I contribute the patch - post it here or submit it to the closed bugtracker issue?

Greetings,

Sven