Hi everyone !

To follow up on that matter, I have done a pull request doing what I
discussed here : https://github.com/darktable-org/darktable/pull/1745

You will find screenshots showing the changes, a sum-up of the benefits
and a poll to vote for/against the change and give your feedback. After
that, I suppose the core devs will decide what they want to do.

I know it's still not the flexible UI some of you asked, the problem is
we don't have the workforce for it. darktable 2.6 is supposed to be
released in 2 months, so now is not the time for ground-breaking
changes. This is intended to make things more logical (or less bad)
using realistic means. I changed 30 lines of code, so I'm pretty sure it
won't break anything.

Cheers,

Aurélien.

Le 12/10/2018 à 15:16, Jason Polak a écrit :
> On 2018-10-12 06:26 AM, Aurélien Pierre wrote:
>> Moreover, base curves and tone curves are redundant as long as we don't
>> explain clearly that base curves come before the color profile and work
>> in RGB, whereas tone curves come after and work in Lab.
> I do think that this is a very interesting point. While I don't agree
> with all of the reorderings of the modules (like crop and denoising), I
> think that the placement of the tone-curve is a little misleading.
> Especially for portraits and skin-tones in general, after following
> Aurelien's advice about color balance before tone curve, it seems as
> though colour balance should actually come before the tone curve (right?
> - or did I get that wrong again... :( )

Yes, you are right.