In the comments, they do mention using another instance of exposure.
However, since they gave darktable a total of 20 minutes (and did not
ask someone who has actually used it), they may have forgotten about
base curves, which also influence brightness.
---
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RAb85TukSuc&lc=UgxTnhiCHnEOtEAsuRB4AaABAg
- they replied to this comment with:
Fstoppers: I have to say, using Darktable for 20 mins made me want to
completely remove it from this video. That program....okay I can’t
even! -P
that being said, I was able to push it 3 stops and then add another
exposure instance and push that 1 stop so it should be the same result
as 4 stops. -P
---

Kofa