Hello all,

I am using Darktable on my Lenovo Carbon X1 with Intel HD Graphics 520.
For the integrated graphics, only 512 MB VRAM are detected, and thus
Darktable does not report it as valid OpenCL device.
However, if opencl_memory_requirement is set to 500 in the darktablerc,
darktable uses the card as OpenCL device.
This leads to a performance gain of approximately a factor of 2 over CPU
computation in the darkroom if opencl_synch_cache is set to True.
Thus, opencl provides a viable benefit.

However, as far as I undestand, although 512 MB VRAM is reported, the
integrated graphics may allocate more shared memory, whereas darktable will
only use the reported 512 MB (and only if opencl_memory_headroom=0).
As the user manual states that VRAM may be a limiting factor for GPU
computation, would it provide a performance benefit if Darktable would
allocate more than the reported 512 MB VRAM?
And if yes, is there a way to configure this in Darktable?

Thank you in advance,
Bjoern