Use the tone curve eye-dropper .... select 'area' dropdown on the color picker .... draw a rectangle on the cobble-stones and the area will be colored on the tone-curve.

David

On 2019-03-16 9:32 a.m., David LaCivita wrote:
Hi,

When using the "levels" or "tone curve" modules the histogram is shown in the module. I often use drawn and parametric masks with these modules. Would it be possible to have the histogram reflect the selected area? For example, If I had an image with a cobble stone road and some buildings I would use the path tool to select the cobble stone road. I would like to see the histogram in the module reflect the selected area. Then, I would create a new instance of the module and use the path tool to select a building. The histogram would be different in each instance.
I've seen this implemented in Ps tutorials but I can't remember where.

Thank you,
Dave LaCivita
https://www.instagram.com/_digital_dave_/
https://www.instagram.com/_analog_dave_/