As I indicated earlier .... after a full re-install of dt (which now starts and runs correctly) that lib file is still not on my system.

I don't understand it either!

On 31.10.19 13:53, Patrick Shanahan wrote:
* David Vincent-Jones <david...@gmail.com> [10-31-19 08:34]:
It appears that this module was not installed as a part of the original dt
install and is still not installed after a dt reinstall.
following the crash I removed the entire dt-git material and reinstalled.
Everything runs correctly now.
Is there a reason why libIlmImf should be installed?
David