Hi Philippe,

yes, but I never had problems at import until now. The images of interest here are reproductions of negatives or slides, reproduced with a Sony DSLR. Of course they have "DateTimeOriginal" of the reproduction date/time (2019-2021). Then :

 * batch processing with exiftool, changing "DateTimeOriginal" of all
   images originally taken at the same day to YYYY-MM-DD 12:00:00 of
   this day
 * importing images into darktable (all images have "DateTimeOriginal"
   smaller linux epoch 0 at import)
 * selecting / processing / sorting / geotagging (if possible)
 * fine tuning time with geotagging module (if reasonable)

exiftool handles dates before linux epoch 0 without problems and for the import module of dt I observe the same.

Best regards

Peter