Hi all,
with the Italian translation team we decided to review the UI completely in
order to settle some labels and modules in general.
While discussing the most appropriate terms we stuck with a question: what
is the correct direction we have to follow? Technical or informal?

darktable is evolving and becoming more and more technical. Some new
modules are very technical nevertheless not all users are graduated in
physics. Moreover one of the most negative comment I have ever found
regarding darktable is focused about its complicated interface.
Pieces of the present translation have been realized to be more 'user
friendly' focusing on the actual need of a user that has to develop raw
files but now we understand we have translated some slightly different
terms with the same Italian word. Nevertheless also the User Manual
sometimes uses terms in a non-strictly technical way and if I look to GIMP
(for example) they have translated brightness and lightness with the same
Italian word.

We are interested to know from developers and from other translation teams
what kind of translation you all expect to be used on the UI.
The User Manual will follow - of course - labels used in the UI.

Please apologize for this long message.
We await your kind comments.

Have a nice day,
Maurizio Paglia - Matteo Mardegan - Luca Cignoni